Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit – EMET 5.5 helps raise the bar against attackers gaining access to computer systems. EMET anticipates the most common actions and techniques adversaries might use in compromising a computer, and helps protect by diverting, terminating, blocking, and invalidating those actions and techniques. EMET helps protect your computer systems even before new and undiscovered threats are formally addressed by security updates and antimalware software. EMET benefits enterprises and all computer users by helping to protect against security threats and breaches that can disrupt businesses and daily lives.
Helps raise the bar against attackers. EMET helps protect against new and undiscovered threats even before they are formally addressed through security updates or antimalware software. EMET includes 12 security mitigations that complement other defense in-depth security measures, such as Windows Defender and antivirus software. EMET installs with default protection profiles, which are XML files that contain preconfigured settings for common Microsoft and third-party applications.
Helps protect in a wide range of scenarios. EMET is compatible with most commonly used third-party applications at home and in the enterprise, from productivity software to music players. EMET works for a range of client and server operating systems used at home and in the enterprise. When users browse secure HTTPS sites on the Internet or log on to popular social media sites, EMET can help further protect by validating Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates against a set of user-defined rules.
EMET 5.5 release includes new functionality and updates, including:
• Windows 10 compatibility
• Improved configuration of various mitigations via GPO
• Improved writing of the mitigations to the registry, making it easier to leverage existing tools to manage EMET mitigations via GPO
• EAF/EAF+ perf improvements
• Untrusted font mitigation for Windows 10
Supported Operating System :
Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista
– EMET 5.5 requires .NET Framework 4.5.
– For Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 you need to install KB2790907 – a mandatory Application Compatibility update that has been released on March 12th, 2013 or any other Application Compatibility updates for Windows 8 after that.
Download Instructions :
Download and install EMET Setup.msi here. A configuration wizard will guide you through the initial configuration.